Saturday, November 5, 2011

Does the Music You Listen to Give You Away


What music puts you in a good mood? What music makes you feel better? There were times in life when I was just flat out mad at the world, and the music I listened to showed it. I'd always listen to hard rock or alternative that seemed to go along with that life. Songs where I couldn't actually understand most of the words, but it just seemed to fit my mood.

The more I change my mindset to be positive and focus on the value of things in life the more my taste in music changes. Sometimes I just don't listen to music anymore since it seems to distract me when I'm trying to focus. Perhaps, I just haven't found the right music. What songs do you listen to when you need to focus and not be distracted? 

When I was always negative I'd make fun of country music, the people who listened to it, and just everything about it. However, it's not so bad anymore. I can actually understand the words in all the songs that I like, and they have a good range of instruments and sounds. 

I don't buy CDs anymore though. Nowadays, if I listen to music at all I just use one of the free online radio stations. At first I was excited when I found Pandora.com. You could somewhat customize what music played on your stations, but it's not as user-friendly as some other websites out there.

My current favorite free online customized radio station website is Jango.com, which makes it really easy to pick a popular "station" or create your own. You can add any artist, rate the music, share music with friends, click on links to lyrics, and much more! Plus, you don't have advertisements every few songs like with Panodora.comLast.fm is another website similar to the ones mentioned, but Jango.com has my vote. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Games

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
Brain Games