Saturday, November 5, 2011

Keeping Your Mind Organized

How do you keep your mind organized? Do you use sticky notes on your fridge? Do you have a planner that you track everything in? Do you use the apps on your cell phone? If you have a great idea what do you do with it? Do you write it down somewhere so you can expand on it later?

Personally, I like to use a few different tools to try to keep my mind organized, and the amount of things on my mind to a minimum. Have you ever had a million things running through your mind at once and felt overwhelmed? I find that if I can at least type or write everything down that's running through my brain it almost puts my brain at ease.

One program that comes in handy for a variety of reasons is Microsoft's OneNote that comes with the Office Suites. You can quickly and easily create sections and sub-sections for whatever you want. You can copy things from websites into the notes, and it's like using a mix of a tabbed browser and Microsoft Word. It's great for school notes, brainstorming, and anything else you can think of.

Settings alarms on my cell phone comes in handy when I'm out and about. Appointments and other important events can easily be added to my cell phone and it beeps at me when I tell it to. I still mark on a physical calendar at home important appointments and events as another visual reminder, but the cell phone is a great audio reminder.

Many email programs and websites also let you use a calendar feature to mark important dates and times. With technology today there's no excuse for forgetting an appointment or someone's birthday. Heck, if you have your friends and family on Facebook it emails you when they are having a birthday in the current week. How much easier can keeping your mind organized get?!

Mindmapping software is also an interesting way to organize your mind. If you're brainstorming you can start with major ideas, and then work down each idea with more details. Then you can visually see how your ideas have expanded, and don't have to only rely on your memory. Why overload your brain when there are so many tools available to help keep things organized and reduce stress?

Image Credits: 571790 by tome213 from Stock.Xchng

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Games

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
Brain Games